Page blog ini bukan bertujuan untuk memaparkan betapa banyaknya pesawat TUDM yang jatuh terhempas sejak TUDM ditubuhkan. Pesawat jatuh, samada pesawat komersil, peribadi atau awam jatuh adalah fenomena biasa di mana-mana negara di dunia ini. Anda boleh membaca wikipedia atau melihat youtube di mana pesawat yang canggih dan sophisticated yang diterbangkan oleh juruterbang berpengalaman juga jatuh terhempas.
Tulisan ini adalah satu inisiatif untuk merekodkan sejarah yang sukar diperolehi. Kita tidak pernah menemui mana-mana buku sejarah atau membaca artikel yang boleh membuat kita memperingati rakan-rakan kita yang telah terkorban dalam kemalangan pesawat.
Kalau berlaku kemalangan pesawat yang melibatkan juruterbang komersil atau pusat latihan penerbangan awam, tidak banyak publisiti yang ditunjukkan oleh akhbar atau media elektronik. Paling lama 2 hari, cerita akan ditutup. Namun, apabila berlaku kemalangan yang melibatkan pesawat TUDM, ia menarik banyak pihak, dan kebanyakannya memberikan kenyataan yang bersifat negatif, sensitif dan 'emotional'.
Pilot TUDM diharap seperti malaikat yang tidak pernah membuat kesalahan, pesawat TUDM dianggap seperti tikar terbang Do Re Mi yang tak mungkin mengalami kerosakan dan tak mungkin boleh jatuh terhempas. 'Public' menuduh pilot TUDM tidak profesional, pesawat TUDM tidak lagi relevan, juruteknik TUDM tidak berkemampuan, penyelenggaraan pesawat tidak dilaksanakan dengan betul, pesawat TUDM menggunakan alat ganti yang tidak asli (bogus) dan pelbagai tuduhan lagi.
Keadaan bertambah keruh apabila 'Lembaga Penyiasatan' mendapati sesuatu kemalangan berpunca dari 'pilot errors' maka saudara-mara seperti tidak mahu menerima kenyataan, menuduh TUDM cuba melepaskan beban kepada orang yang sudah mati. Inilah dilemma.
Biar apa pun punca kemalangan, mereka yang telah pergi adalah sahabat-sahabat kita, saudara kita, sebahagiannya pernah sama-sama bertugas, masa latihan kedet duduk satu blok, atau satu dorm, satu double-decker, pernah terbang sebagai kapten atau co-pilot, sama-sama 'enjoy' semasa hidup di Mes Pegawai dan mengalami kesusahan dan kesenangan bersama.
Dengan membaca nama-nama mereka di bawah, akan boleh mengingatkan kita untuk mendoakan mereka agar ruh mereka (yang beragama islam) akan dicucuri rahmat. Kalau kita teringat kesilapan mereka, kita akan jadikan sempadan, usah diperkatakan lagi. Tapi, kita kenanglah jasa mereka, perbualkanlah kebaikan mereka.
Data/maklumat di bawah saya perolehi dari pelbagai sumber, akhbar, majalah, website, arkib akhbar-akhbar lama dan sebagainya. Masih banyak yang tidak lengkap. Saya juga mengharapkan pembaca yang mempunyai maklumat yang lebih tepat untuk membantu saya.
1958 - record not available
1959 - record not available
1960 - record not available
1961 - record not available
1962 - record not available
1963 - record not available
1964 - record not available
1965 - record not available
1. 1 Nov - Pilot Officer Chun Ching Lee killed in aircraft crashed (no further information about the place and type of aircraft available)
- 12 January - Pilot Officer Teoh Seng Wah.
- 11 January - DHC4 Caribou (M21-02) crashed at Meligan, Sarawak and no casualty- the aircraft was badly damaged (beyond repair).....need further information, may be this crashed was the No. 1?
- 20 October - Flt Lt Buang bin Ahmad and Plt Offr Chia Siew Hong.
- 8 November - Plt Offr Md Shir bin Md Ali and Plt Offr Zainal Abidin bin Hanafi killed.
- record not available
- 25 April - The first crashed involving Nuri (S61A4) aircraft from No 7 Sqn, Kuching Base. The accident happened near Kuching and all the 4 crews were killed. The pilot and co-pilot were Sqn Ldr Abdul Jalil bin Shamsudin and Flt Lt Mahmud bin Mohd Zain.
- 30 March - Caribou DHC4 aircraft (M21-10) crashed into the sea at Telok Cowie, Tawau, Sabah and all 14 crews and passengers (mostly army troop) were killed.
- no record available
- 11 March - S61A4 crashed at Gambang, Pahang and killed all the four crews. The pilot and co-pilot were Flt Lt Lim Cheng Kim and Plt Offr Lim Bok Chun.
- 24 October, one pilot, Lt (U) Tengku Mohd Yusoff bin Tengku Hussein killed in Tebuan crashed.
- 10 March - Kapt (U) Rasiff bin Ibrahim killed in Tebuan aircraft crashed in Kuantan base.
- no record available
- no record available
- 26 April - S61A in operations was fired by communist terrorist mortar in the operation area at Gubir Kedah all 11 crews and passenger were killed. The aircrews were Kapt Choo Yeok Boo, Kapt Mustafa Kamal Mohd Shafie, Lt Chung Meng Teck, Lt Wan Munsiff bin Wan Salim.
- 8 February, Lt (U) Shahruddin bin Ishak killed in Tebuan crashed (need further information).
- 18 May 1978, one RMAF pilot were killed in Tebuan jet crashed into South China Sea near Gebeng about 48 km from Kuantan, the pilot was Lt M Mohd Jamil bin Dahalan (need to be confirmed). (record in RMAF Museum shown the date as 8 May.
- 1 June - F5E (22-13) crashed near Butterworth base - the pilot Kapt Jusof Embong ejected safely (need to be confirmed).
- 23 January - a Tebuan jet on training flight crashed near Kemaman and killed the pilot Lt M (U) Affandi bin Shamsuddin.
- 23 March, one pilot killed in aircraft crashed, Lt (U) Tengku Mahadzir bin Tengku Mokhtar (need further information)
- 4 May, one pilot, Lt (U) Singh a/l Harbajhan Singh, killed in aircraft crashed (need further information)
- 18 May - One RMAF Tebuan jet on routine flight at Kuantan Air Base developed engine trouble, crashed into the South China Sea and killed its two pilots, Kapt (U) Hatta Ibrahim and Lt M (U) Rosni bin Ismail (need to be confirmed)
- 10 December, one Alouette 103 helicopter crashed in the RMAF Kluang Base area and the pilot, Kapt Wee Kong Beng (an instructor) killed.
- 16 March, one Bulldog on training flight was crashed in RMAF Alor Setar and killed both the instructor pilot, Kapt (U) Haron bin Othman and his trainee, Lt M (U) Mad Noh bin Shafie.
- 19 July - S61A crashed near near Ipoh 18 survived (injuries)- more information required.
- 23 August, one trainee pilot, Lt M (U) Mohd Ismail Mohd Saad in Bulldog training aircaft in RMAF Alor Setar (need to be clarified)
- 23 September, a pilot, Lt Morgan a/l Christmas killed in RMAF aircraft crashed (need further information on the place and type of aircraft)
- 9 November -Caribou (M21-12) crashed near Simanggang (Sri Aman). No casualty but the aircraft damaged beyong repair.
- 25 April - S61A crashed near Kuching Airport -2 killed 13 survived (one of the casualties was the co-pilot, Lt Zakaria Shaaban) - more information required.
- 11 July - S61A Nuri crashed at Batu Melintang, Perak. All 4 crews survived
- 30 January, one Bulldog on training flight was crashed on the school field in Perlis and the trainee pilot, LtM Mohd Effendi bin Sulong TUDM killed.
Lt M Mohd Razif bin Abdulah.
- 6 June 1982 - F5E (29-06) forced landing at Butterworth air base runaway, the pilot, Mej Victor Emmanuel survived and aircraft severe damaged and written-off.
- 24 September -A Caribou (M21-17) on supply mission to Orang Asli settlement crashed at Kampong Attap, Brinchang, Cameeeron Highland - all 7 air crews and passengers killed. The pilot, Lt Kueh Han Meng, co-pilot Lt Chai Chian Cha and AQM Sjn Jayaselan a/l Kanagasabai. The other four; Sjn Marshall Fernandez, Sjn Abdullah bin Tahir, Pbt Shahrin bin Jesin dan Pbt Shafie bin Mat Wali were from Air Despatch Unit in Taiping. (*Both pilots were Kuchingites. I was serving in Kuching at this time. So, all the RMAF Kuching officers were involved in the funeral ceremony (fall-bearers).
- unofficial source said that 3 F5E crashed this year
- 4 September -PC7 in training flight crashed near Pendang, Kedah - the student pilot Lt M Thulasiram a/l Subramaniam TUDM killed.
- xx - F5E (M29-06) crashed (need more information)
- 1 Jun - MB339A trainer jet from Pulatibang 3 crashed into the village houses near Kuantan Base during the aerobatic show in conjunction with the 27th Anniversary of the Air Force - both the pilot Mej Shubli bin Ismail TUDM and his assistant, Kapt Kamaruzzaman TUDM killed. Sadly, I was working as Logistic Officer in Pulatibang 3 at this time.
- 21 October -F5E (29-15) crashed near Kertih, Terengganu during training flight -the pilot Kapt Tengku Adli Shah ejected safely but his copilot Lt Azman bin Jaafar TUDM failed to eject and killed.
- no record found
- xx - one Skyhawk A4PTM from No 6 Sqn, Kuantan base was missing from it formation flight from Kuantan to Labuan. The aircraft and the pilot body, Lt Wahi Anuar bin Mat Amin was not found.
- 14 November - S61An crashed between Gunung Gerah and Gunung Bilah in Perak- all 21 (air crews and passengers) were killed including Kapt James anak Tingom (pilot), Kapt Shuhaini Ahmad (co-pilot) and Sjn Zainuddin Ahmad Samad (AQM).
- 18 December - S61A under military communication flight crashed at Sg Lundu, Sarawak - all 16 crews and passengers were killed - (among the victims were Maj Gen Dato Mustaffa Awang (Army 1st Div Commander), Brig Gen Dato Hasbullah Mohd Yusuf (3rd Brigade Commander), The pilot was Kapt Fauzi Awab TUDM, co-pilot Kapt Zaimi Isroh and AQM Sjn Koey H C). The others were army officers Lt Kol Tengku Aziz, Lt Kol Mustaffa Kamal, Lt Kol Mohd Johari Selan, 2 Majors, one Captain, 2 Lieutenants and one army Corporal.
- PC7 (33-13) - official information required.
- PC7 (33-02) - official information required.
- PC7 (33-31) - official info required.
- 25 September - PC7 training aircraft ramped onto UUM hostel building - the student pilot, Lt M Mohd Faizal bin Muhammad TUDM killed.
- 16 January - Nuri S61A did an emergency landing in the rubber estate at Parit Mat Zin, Muar - no casualty (12).
- 10 June - S61A Nuri crashed at Banding, Perak - all 6 crews and passengers perished. The aircraft captain Kapt Tan Eng Huat, co-pilot Lt Saiful Bahri Baharum TLDM, AQM Flt Sjn G. Balasubramaniam were killed. The other 3 passengers were Kapt Sarwant Singh, LKpl Mokhtar Mohd Zain and Pbt Johar bin Mohd Zain from 304 Bn (TA) also killed.
- 11 July S61A crashed near Banding lake area, all 7 crews and passenger perished (need more information)
- 21 August - A4PTM Skyhawk (No 6 Sqn) - crashed at Bukit Rangin, Pahang - the pilot Mejar Suri bin Daud TUDM ejected safely.
- 22 Oktober - PC7 aircraft crashed near Alor Setar Base -the instructor pilot, Kapt Suhaimi bin Md Sahid TUDM killed.
- 29 January - a PC7 aircraft on the light attack exercise crashed near Cukai, Terengganu. The pilot, Lt M Hamir Fizar bin Yusof TUDM killed.
- July 1993 - PC7 crashed at Kampung Tambun Tulang, Perlis and the student pilot, Lt M Nazri bin Amran TUDM killed.
- 13 October - Cessna 402B crashed near KL Base airport - the pilot, Kapt Roslan bin Mansor TUDM and his co-pilot Lt M Fadzil bin Abd Manap TUDM were killed.
- 31 December - NSL332L Super Puma (M36-01) departed from Butterworth to Kangar to pick-up DPM delegation crashed at Kampong Telok, Sg Petani, Kedah. The aircraft captain, Mej Kamarul Bahrain bin Ahmad TUDM, co-pilot Kapt Mohd Fitri @ Chew Ban Chai bin Abdullah TUDM, AQM Sjn (U) Nordin bin Ahmad and stewardess Sjn U (W) Azni binti Alias were killed.
- 13 October - F5E (29-07) crashed (need more information)
- 30 May - F5E (M29-14) crashed at Butterworth - the pilot Kapt Lai Yit Fuen TUDM killed. I met the late Lai at No.3 FTC when he did his MB339A conversion training.
- 31 July - A Caribou on conversion training flight crashed on the attempt for emergency landing at the seaside near Labuan Air Base- The pilot Kapt Raja Mohar bin Raja Bahari, and two pilots Lt Ali Ridha bin Mohd Yusof TUDM and Lt Mohd Azwan bin Pohari TUDM survived. The other 2 pilots and AQM, Kapt Ahmad Najhan bin Mohamad TUDM, Lt Rosman bin Ramli TUDM and Sjn (U) Ishak Tugiah were killed.
- 21 September- PC7 crashed in the training area in Alor Setar. The instructor pilot, Mej Kamarudin Ibrahim TUDM and his student Lt M Man Effendy bin Abdul Rahman TUDM were killed. Note: The late Mej Kamarudin is from Intake TJP37.
- 14 December - MB339A (M34-09) crashed (need to be verified)
- 15 April - MB339A (M34-08) crashed into South China Sea near Kuantan due to aircraft airframe failure -the pilot Kapt Sebastian A. William TUDM survived
- 17 April - F5E (M29-22) crashed at Butterworth (need to be verified)
- 18 June - Hawk (M40-03) crashed at Labuan AB - both pilots Chandran and Zakaria ejected safely.
- 23 July - Hawk (M40-10) crashed during take off at Labuan runaway - the pilot Kapt Harun TUDM and the copilot ejected safely.
- 31 August -S61A Nuri - emergency landing - no casualty.
- 16 Oct - One S61A Nuri helicopter on rescue mission was crashed into the sea at Muka Head, Penang, the copilot, Lt Zaili Othman missing in the sea (not found) but the pilot Lt Daud Sulaiman survived.
- 18 March - 2 x S61A (23-27 and 23-30) crashed within short period at Gunung Lumaku, Sipitang. 11 killed including; from Heli 1 (M23-27) : Lt Emila Effendy bin Sehur Ismail TUDM (pilot), Kapt Zulkifli bin Othman TUDM (copilot) and Sjn (U) Hamdan bin Jais (AQM); and Heli 2 (M23-30) : Kapt Khairul Anuar bin Mohd Shamsudin TUDM (pilot), Lt Zamani bin Mohamed TUDM (co-pilot) and Sjn (U) Abang Wahi A.Saili (AQM)
- 4 September - one MiG29 (M43-17) aircraft crashed at Jaya Gading, Kuantan- the pilot Mej Mohd Fauzi bin Salleh TUDM ejected safely.
- 10 September - 40-36 -one Hawk aircraft crashed at Kuala Betis Gua Musang, Kelantan during A to G firing manouvres- Kapt Jaidev Biaspal a/l Basdaf Biaspal killed.
- 27 October - MB339A (need to be verified)
- 23 March, a Caribou (M21-05) aircraft on training flight was crashed at the Kuching AB runaway, all the 5 crews killed. Three pilots, Kapt Salleh bin Malek TUDM, Kapt Mohd Johar bin Pomin and Kapt Asri bin Abdullah TUDM and 2 AQMs Sjn (U) bin Mat and Sjn (U) Adnan bin Ariffin were killed.
- 2 October -Hawk (40-06) - crashed landing at Labuan AB (skidded on the runaway)
-pilot Kapt Abd Majid bin Kassim TUDM ejected safely
- 22 April - PC 7 at Tokai, Pendang, Kedah - trainee pilot Lt M Mohammad Faizal bin Ismail killed.
- 2 Jan - PC7 at SCS near Terengganu - pilot ejected safely
- 23 Jan - MB339 at Pulau Tiga Mersing and pilot ejected safely.
- 4 September - Hawk 208 (40-35) - SCS near Pulau Tioman- Kapt Nadzeer Salehuddin ejected safely.
- 12 August- PC7 - crashed near to the Bukit kayu Hitam highway near to Changlun,Kedah during training flight - the trainee Lt Mai Elny Sefrina Jalaluddin killed
- 18 December -Hawk (40-20)- South China Sea near Kuantan - Kapt Che Ashraf bin Che Hussein killed.
- 5 March - S61A Taman Udara Butterworth 2 killed (copilot and AQM) pilot severe injured.
- 10 May - PC7 at Kg Padang Gelanggang, Sanglang - trainee pilot Lt Mualimin Jasaid was killed.
- 30 March -S61A emergency landing at Bukit Kalam, Labuan-all 3 crews survived, Kapt Haris Jamaludin (pilot), Kapt Rozidah baharudin (copilot)and Sjn Mohd Hisham Abdullah (AQM).
- 15 August - S61A Ba Kelalan, Long Seridan - 3 were killed and 7 survived; The deceased were Mej Abd Hadi Wahab (pilot), Kapt Ismaizilas Ismail (copilot) and Sjn Sentaliah anak jandur (AQM)
- 9 November - MiG 29 - crashed at KETENGAH Perwira plantation Kemaman, pilot Mej Fajim Juffa Mohd Mustaffa was ejected safely.
- 16 December, one PC7 aircraft on training flight was crashed at Kg Titi Besi, Padang Terap. Both instructor and student pilots were killed. They were Mej Alias bin Bakar TUDM and Lt M Amnart a/l Sum Mok TUDM.
- 23 June, one Hawk (M40-21) belong to No 15 Sqn, Butterworth was crashed at Kg Kerupang, Pulau Buah, Labuan and killed the pilot, Kapt Mohamad Yusari bin Keliwon TUDM.
- 11 May, one PC7 Mk II aircraft crashed landing at Jalan Hutang Kampung, Alor Setar, both pilot Lt Kol Abdul Mutalib Wahab TUDM and Mej Tan Thian Kim TUDM survived.
- 31 May, one Hawk jet (M40-28) was crashed into the sea near Mersing and the pilot, Mej Mohamad Rohaizan Abd Rahman was killed.
- 23 June, one Hawk aircraft (M40-09) did a belly landing at Kuantan base, both pilot saved. Kapt Mahadhir Mohammad and Lt Kol Tan Hui Hock (instructor)
- 1st July - S61A Nuri did an emergency landing at Yan, Kedah. All crews saved.
- 4 May - Hawk 108 aircraft (M40-37) crashed near Kuantan Base - Kapt Yusni bin Sari TUDM ejected and survived
- 13 July - one S61A (Nuri helicopter) on the way to Kuantan from KL Air Base crashed at Genting Sempah, killed all the crews and passengers; Kapt Nor Azlan bin Termuzi (aircraft Captain), Kapt Intan Noor Asyikin (co-pilot), Sjn Khusnizam (AQM) and 3 SAR crews killed
- no incident this year
- 11 September - PC7 Mk II crashed at Langkawi Airport - both pilots, Mej Zulkifli bin Ismail TUDM and Mej Rozaini bin Mustaffa TUDM killed (both were instructor pilot)
- 25 March, one PC7 Mk II aircraft crashed near UUM campus in Sintok, Kedah killed the pilot, Mej Zulrihan bin Jusoh (instructor).