(23 JAN 2010)
Tunku Ibrahim Ismail Proclaimed As Sultan Of Johor
JOHOR BAHARU, Jan 23, 2010. Tunku Ibrahim Ismail Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar was Saturday proclaimed as the new Sultan of Johor.
The proclamation, made in accordance with the Johor State Constitution 1895, was officially announced by Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman at Istana Besar Johor Baharu at 10.21am.
"In keeping with the Johor State Constitution 1895, the Sultan's heir, Tunku Ibrahim Ismail Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar, is hereby proclaimed as the King and Sultan under the same law," Abdul Ghani said.
Soon after the proclamation, Tunku Ibrahim Ismail, 51, took his oath as the Sultan of Johor and pledged to rule with fairness, justice and compassion.
Donning a white Baju Melayu, the new ruler also pledged to respect and protect Islam and Malay customs and to be steadfast in upholding the Johor State Constitution 1895 as well as the laws of the state of Johor.
The oath-taking ceremony was witness by Sultanah Zanariah, his wife Raja Zarith Sofiah Sultan Idris Shah and all of his children and siblings.
Also present were Johor Islamic Religious Council advisor Datuk Noh Gadot, former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and state executive council members.
The proclamation was following the death of his father, the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Iskandar Ibni Almarhum Sultan Ismail, at Puteri Specialist Hospital here at 7.15pm on Friday.
The proclamation took place just hours before the late Sultan Iskandar's remains were buried at the Bukit Mahmoodiah Royal Mausoleum here.
Yesterday, Tunku Ibrahim Ismail was appointed the Regent of Johor when the Sultan of Johor was admitted to the hospital due to illness.
Tunku Ibrahim Ismail and Raja Zarith Sofiah, who were married in 1982, have five children, namely Tunku Ismail Idris, Tunku Amina, Tunku Idris, Tunku Abdul Jalil, Tunku Abdul Rahman and Tunku Iman.
Tunku Ibrahim Ismail was proclaimed as Tunku Mahkota Johor (Crown Pince of Johor) on July 3, 1981.
He was also appointed the regent on April 25, 1984 when Sultan Iskandar was elected the 8th Yang di-Pertuan Agong (25 aPR 84 - 24 aPR 89).
Tunku Ibrahim Ismail, who was born on Nov 22, 1958 at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital in Johor Baharu, is the eldest of 10 siblings. His mother is Sultanah Kalsom and had his early education at the Sekolah Temenggong Abdul Rahman Satu, Johor.
His father then sent him to the Trinity Grammar School in Australia where he studied from 1968 to 1970 before continuing his secondary education at the Sultan Abu Bakar College.
Tunku Ibrahim Ismail received his religious education at the Sekolah Agama Bukit Zaharah and Sekolah Agama Air Molek in Johor Baharu.
After completing his secondary education, he was sent to the army training centre in Kota Tinggi where he received basic military training for three months. He was also sent to US Infantry School of Arms, Fort Benning, Georgia, in the United States to acquire more military knowledge and later attended Special Warfare School in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, USA.
On his return to Malaysia, Tunku Ibrahim Ismail was appointed the deputy commander of the Johor Military Force.
Tunku Ibrahim Ismail also attended helicopter training at No. 2 Flying Training Centre, RMAF Kluang Base where he earned his wings. He also attended a two-month training stint with the Royal Malaysian Navy.
The regent is a keen sportsman, excelling in polo which has taken him to international competitions abroad, such as Singapore, the Philippines and Brunei.
He is also a tennis player, windsurfer, shooter and motoring enthusiast.
CONGRATULATIONS to Tuanku Sultan Ibrahim (Ku Yem) on his proclaimation as a new Sultan of Negeri Johor Darul Taazim dan jajahan takluknya.
- Tunku (Mej) Dato' Ismail Idris Abdul Majid Abu Bakar Iskandar DK1 DK2 SPMJ SMJ - Tunku Mahkota Johor.(4 Jun 1984)
- Tunku Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah. (8th April 1986).
- Tunku (Kapt) Idris Iskandar Ismail Abdul Rahman. (25th Dec 1987)- Tunku Temenggung Johor.
- Tunku Abdul Jalil Iskandar Ibrahim Ismail. (5th July 1990).
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Hasanal Jeffri (Iman)
- Tunku Abu Bakar Iman.
(Tunku Mahkota Johor)
The aim of the tour (would also involved state government departments and agency directors) was to meet and distribute aid to the people while taking part in community activities.
Gelaran Sultan Johor yang baru
Gelaran Sultan Johor yang baru
JOHOR BAHRU 25 Jan. - Gelaran rasmi bagi Sultan Johor yang baru ialah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar
JOHOR BAHRU 25 Jan. - Gelaran rasmi bagi Sultan Johor yang baru ialah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar. Setiausaha Jumaah Majlis Diraja Johor, Datuk Abdul Rahim Ramli berkata, gelaran itu merujuk kepada Sultan dan Yang Dipertuan bagi negeri dan jajahan takluk Johor Darul Ta'zim.
Bagi pasangan baginda, gelaran rasmi ialah Yang Maha Mulia Raja Zarith Sofia binti Almarhum Sultan Idris Shah. Perbezaan di sini ialah tiada gelaran Sultanah sehingga diperkenankan kelak.
Manakala gelaran rasmi Tunku Mahkota Johor ialah Yang Amat Mulia Tunku Ismail Ibni Sultan Ibrahim.
Baginda Sultan sedang berucap di salah sebuah masjid di Johor
Tuanku adalah Canselor UTHM
Raja Zarith Sofia bersama puteri tunggalnya Tunku Aminah
What is the significant of DYMM Sultan Ibrahim to me?
- FIRST, Tuanku was born on the same date with me (22 Nov). I am a year younger. After this, my birthday will be celebrated together with a public holiday for the Johoreans.
- SECOND, Tuanku attended helicopter flying training together with my batch in Kluang. He commanded the passing out parade and obtained his wing in 1982. However I was not joining their parade becaused I was chopped earlier and transfered to RMAF Kuching. Rahman, Ravi, Saib and Lokman got the opportunity to have their celebration dinner in Istana Johor with Tuanku.
BERITA-BERITA SELEPAS DIISYTIHARKAN MENJADI SULTAN
Empat Gelaran 'Dato' Johor' Ditarik Balik.
Jemaah Majlis DiRaja Johor(JMDRJ) mengesahkan penarikan semula gelaran Dato' kepada empat individu (penerima) oleh DYMM Sultan Johor berkuatkuasa 11 Jun 2010. Penarikan semula berkenaan adalah atas justifikasi mereka tidak lagi menepati kriteria Undang-undang dan Peraturan Darjah Mahkota Johor. Mereka yang ditarik balikgelaran Dato' ialah:
- Dato' Chua Jui Meng (SPMJ dan DPMJ). beliau adalah seorang ahli politik, bekas Naib Presiden MCA, bekas Ahli Parlimen BN kawasan bakri, Muar dan juga bekas Menteri Kesihatan Malaysia. Beliau menyertai PKR pada tahun 2009 setelah kecewa tewas dalam pemilihan jawatan Presiden MCA ditangan Dato' Ong Teng Keat pada tahun 2009.
- Dato' Sharifah Mazlina binti Syed Abd Kadir (SPMJ dan DPMJ). Beliau adalah bekas Pensyarah Sains Sukan UITM dan merupakan wanita Asia pertama yang berjaya merentasi Kutub Selatan dan Utara berseorangan.
- Lt Kdr Dato' Shaftdean Lutfy Rusland (SPMJ dan DPMJ). Beliau adalah seorang pegawai TLDM yang juga suami kepada Tunku Muna Najiah Iskandariah binti almarhum Sultan Iskandar Alhaj.
- Dato' Hassan bin Yunos (DPMJ). Beliau adalah seorang Peguam.